About Us

Paleo, Pregan, Primal, Gluten, Grain & Sugar Free Food

We cater to anyone who eats real wholesome organic foods including Gluten-free, NSNG, (no sugar, no grains), Keto, Paleo, Pregan, whole 30, Primal, Vegetarian, Vegan, Pescatarian, and anyone eating an organic whole food diet.

There are only the following 20 whole food items in the Primal Roots pantry:

  • Coconut: oils, butters, flakes, water, flours
  • Avocado, avocado oil
  • Green teas, organic coffee
  • Nuts, seeds, nut flour, nut milks & nut butters
  • Taro, Arrowroot & Cassava Thickeners
  • Grass-fed beef and broths
  • Organic free-range poultry
  • Organic pork and bacon
  • Omega 3 free-range eggs
  • Berries and Citrus
  • Quinoa and black rice and wild rice
  • Cold water wild fish/shellfish
  • Organic vegetables
  • Squashes and pumpkins and roots
  • Organic herbs and spices
  • Olive oil
  • Organic Grass-fed dairy products
  • 70% dark chocolate, 100% cocoa and nibs
  • Triple filtered water
  • Bananas, raw local honey, and dates as sweeteners

Every ingredient we use is certified organic right down to the spices and herbs whenever we can get it. All meat is local grass-fed organic and our poultry and eggs are free-range organic. Flours are only coconut, nut meal or cassava. All vegetables are local organic in the season when available. There’s no gluten, grains, seed oils, soy, additives, preservatives, metals, or artificial anything here. We grind our own meats, bake our own muffins, desserts and breads, we brew our own iced teas, distill our own bone broths and mash our own nut butters. Oh and we only hunt or forage when our suppliers run out.

How we feel about Sugar, sweeteners, and fruits:

Primal Warning: You should only use them in moderation and stick with low glycemic sweeteners. Try not to exceed an average of 2-3 teaspoons of any type of sugar per day (yes all types of sugar: honey, dates, brown, white, turbinado, fructose, coconut, rice syrup, maple syrup, agave, etc.

All of our sweetened desserts, forage bar, beverages and smoothies and are designed to have no more than 1-2 teaspoons (4- 8 grams) of sugar per serving. One Jamba Juice banana berry large smoothie has 106 grams of sugar!! Google it.

Keep in mind that a low sugar smoothie or dessert definitely tastes like it’s low in sugar.

Our mantra: If it tastes really sweet, spit it out!

Remember: Your body composition is made primarily at the table, not in the gym.

We want to Awaken your Primal Genes:

Everyone has ancestral genetics that understands how to burn body fat for energy instead of glucose. This is called being fat adapted. You just need about 21 days to flip the genetic switch to back your Primal roots. Whole Grains, Pastas. and Sugars are optional when you become fat adapted. You won’t want them, because you won’t need them. No more low blood sugar, goodbye brain fog, no more bonking in races, no more ravenous hunger, and see your own blood work magically reflect the reversal of metabolic dysfunction.

We suggest a 21 day metabolic Reset:

Limit carbs to 50 grams per day. Only from vegetable sources. Includes no more than 2 teaspoons (8 grams) of added sugar per day. Eat 80% of remaining calories from healthy fats and 20% quality animal protein.

Primal lifestyle (after 21 days —maintenance):

Limit carbs to 100-150 grams per day. At least half from vegetable sources the rest from low glycemic fruit, dark chocolate, and roots. Includes no more than 12 grams of added sugar per day. Eat 60-70% of remaining calories from healthy fats and 20-30% quality animal protein.

For a more formal plan, ask about a consult with one of our certified Primal health coaches